5.13.2011

Fabric Friday - What's Old is New Again

I like to participate in the women's craft group at our church. One of their on-going projects is Little Dresses for Africa. The main pattern they use is based on pillow cases. I don't have access to a lot of pillow cases but it seems I have a lot of extra yardage that people have given me that would be perfect for little dresses (see folded bits below). Also a craft supply recycle place near my house, SCRAP! is an excellent source for inexpensive fabric (see the rolled up bits). I'm hoping to try and make a dress a month. I know it's not much but it's something.

Photobucket


I made one already and my daughter LURVES it and won't take it off so I might have to make these late at night so she never sees them, otherwise I'll have to fend her off with a big stick. ;^)

1 comment:

Andie Johnson said...

I'm so doing this! I have so much yardage here that I will never use. Can you think of a better use for it? Thank you so much for sharing this!